Sunday, February 20, 2011

40 question beauty survey to begin my new blog

I thought this would be a really great way to start my blog. It's the 40 question beauty survey. I hope you enjoy! ^_^


SKINCARE

How many times do you wash your face daily? 
I was my face twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night. Sometimes I'll wash my face midday to remove all my makeup and start over for a night out.


What skin type do you have?
I have combination skin. In the winter I'm combination/dry and in the summer I lean toward combination with an oily t-zone.

What is your current facial wash? 

Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash. Not quite sure what I'd do without it! (HG)

Do you exfoliate?

Occasionally. My skin is too sensitive to user an exfoliator on a daily basis. However, I use the Clairsonic at night and that is exfoliating enough for me.

What brand do you use? 

When I do use an exfoliator I use St. Ives Green Tea Scrub... or the Clairsonic like I said :)

What moisturizer do you use?

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion in the morning and Cetaphil Moisturizing cream at night.
Edit 3/31/11: Now I've switched to La Roche Posay Anthelios SX SPF 15 for day and CeraVe PM for night.

Do you have freckles?

I do. And I don't like them! :(

Do you use eye cream?

Yes, it's an essential part of my skin care routine. I have really dry skin around my eyes. Currently using Avalon Organics Vitamin C Revitalizing Eye Cream.

Do you or did you have acne prone skin? 

In middle school and high school my skin was really temperamental. Now my skin is more manageable.

Did you use Proactive? 

Yes. It was... ehh. I don't recommend it. There are so many better options out there.


MAKE-UP


What foundation do you use? 

Laura Mercier Silk Creme and Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation.
Edit 3/31/11: The Luminous Silk broke me out! I still use the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation though and I love it. I'm also trying out a couple BB Creams right now.

How about concealer?

MAC Select Moisturecover for under my eyes and Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda for blemishes.

Do you know your undertone color? 

Warm/yellow... really yellow. If you're talking in MAC terms I'd be considered "cool," as I'm an NC25... but don't get me started with that haha.

What do you think of fake eyelashes?

I really like them, but can't be bothered by them.


Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months? 
I do know that. Some are recommended for every 6 months. I just go through so many mascaras, I just throw it away whenever I finish it (usually less than 3 months) or when it dries up.

What brand of mascara do you use? 

Although I try an unruly number of different mascaras, my HG mascara is Maybelline Full n Soft (the waterproof version).

Sephora or MAC? 

That's a tough one... I have to go with Sephora because there is more variety and MAC skin products are not up to par with other brands out there. I'm all about good skin care.

Do you have a MAC Pro-card? 

No, but I really wish I did! You get an insane discount! 30-40%??

What makeup tools do you use in make up application? 

My makeup brushes and my fingers are what I rely on the most. The Beauty Blender is also becoming a favorite of mine as well!

Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?

Yes... most of the time it's going to be MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre or some other kind of eye primer.
Edit 3/31/11: UDPP ftw! MAC Paint Pots are not marketed as a primer and therefore crease on my oily eyelids.

For the face?

No, I do not use a face primer. I feel like it adds an extra (unnecessary) layer on your skin.

What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?

I can't choose just one shade!

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? 

Both... and I use gel liner too!

How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil? 
Never.. ouch.

What do you think of pigment eye shadows? 

They're beautiful but they're way too messy!
Edit 3/31/11: They're messy, but I'll deal with it if they are beautiful. Naked from MAC is my favorite.

Do you use mineral makeup? 

I have Bare Minerals Matte foundation that I sometimes use.

What is your favorite lipstick? 

Currently... Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy. (This is an early release. The full line comes out sometime in April I believe..)
Edit 3/31/11: Revlon Super Lustrous in Pink in the Afternoon!

How about lip gloss? 

Revlon SuperLustrous in Nude Lustre.

What is your favorite blush to use?

NYX Angel.
Edit 3/31/11: Still like Angel from NYX, but I've been reaching for Milani Luminous quite frequently!

Do you buy your makeup on eBay? 

I never have and probably never will. I'm afraid of getting fake makeup, and I always like to see things in person before I buy it.

Do you like drugstore makeup? 

Yes. It is most exciting when you find those hidden gems :)

Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets) 
Sometimes. They're really far from where I live, but go when I'm near them.

Did you ever consider taking make-up classes? 

Yes! Still considering it..

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? 

No. But I drop a lot of my makeup :(

Name a makeup crime that you hate? 

I don't really think that there are any "crimes" when it comes to makeup. To me, it's everything goes... it's a form of art.

Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones? 
Both... it depends on how I'm feeling that day.

Which celebrity always has great make up? 

Natalie Portman.

If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use? 

Mascara! It makes a world of difference.

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on? 

I frequently do.

Do you think you look good even without any makeup on? 
Yes, but I definitely don't think I look my best.

In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?

Laura Mercier and MAC.

What do you think of Makeup??? 

It's a way to express who you are and who you want to be. It brings out your natural beauty inside and out. It's edgy, it's transformative, it's beautiful. More than anything.. It's a form of art that I've completely fallen in love with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment